Salmon Fishing Hippa Island

Effective March 15, 2016, the Government of Canada introduced a new entry requirement, known as the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), that applies to visa-exempt foreign nationals* traveling to or transiting Canada by air.

Visa-exempt foreign nationals must obtain an eTA before they can board a flight to Canada. To complete your application for an eTA, you will need your passport, a credit card, and an email address. An eTA costs $7 CAD and is valid for up to five years. U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa are exempt from this requirement. Entry requirements for other methods of travel (land, sea) have not changed. To check if you are required to obtain an eTA or to apply for one please visit, the Government of Canada’s Electronic Travel Authorization website.

*A visa-ex empt foreign national is a person who is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, and who does not normally need a visa to enter Canada.


Comments RSS

Leave a comment

Allowed tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>